Administrative Assistants perform clerical duties, manage workflow, schedule appointments and serve as the main point of contact for an office.
An Administrative Assistant usually performs tasks such as:
- Serving as the main point of contact;
- Answering calls and correspondences;
- Scheduling meetings and travel;
- Ensuring deadlines are met;
- Acting as a liaison between other professionals in the office;
- Creating a general workflow;
- Maintaining office supplies;
- Enforcing office protocols and policies.
The average salary for an Administrative Assistant is £18,800/22,000 per year, dependent upon experience, location and company.