BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (BDM)
A Business Development Manager, helps a company grow by finding new business opportunities to increase revenue.
Their duties include finding new clients for the business, designing proposals for new products and services and maintaining existing client relationships. Their primary duty is to identify new business opportunities.
A Business Developement Manager generally have the following responsibilities:
- Developing new products and services, including detailed market strategies and pricing plans;
- Pitching products and services to new customers and offering new services to existing customers;
- Researching new markets;
- Initiating new partnerships and possible business acquisitions;
- Preparing product pitches and making presentations to prospective clients and investors;
- Seeking out funding and investment for the business;
- Collaborating with the sales and marketing teams to identify more effective marketing strategies;
- Maintaining client, investor and other business stakeholder relationships;
- Becoming a subject matter expert on the company’s business products, processes and operations and remaining up-to-date on industry news.
Average salary £ 35,000/50,000 + bonuses per annum, depending on candidate’s experience, education and location.