FIXED INCOME ANALYST
Fixed-income analysts analyse debt or fixed-income securities to make recommendations regarding possible investment strategies.
They stay abreast of trends and news and issues, including a competitive position and an organization’s financial stability to identify any potential risk. Fixed-income analysts must assess the value and analyse the risks involved in fixed-income securities including bonds and other financial products; they research and evaluate market conditions and analyse trends to guide investors on the most significant risk factors, including credit and interest rate risk.
Fixed-income analysts ensure consistency and transparency and security and validity of security level analytics to evaluate risk exposure. They review existing procedures and processes, build computer functions, and write macros to increase and enhance report effectiveness, ensuring they are accurate, reliable, and with minimum risk or human data error. Fixed-income analysts need a bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, economics, or computer science. Some employers require an MBA and completion toward Chartered Financial Analyst certification.
What responsibilities are common for Fixed Income Analyst jobs?
- Provide insights to portfolio managers and senior management as appropriate
- Maintain credit rating, outlook, and relative value assessment of current holdings
- Act as spokesperson for the research function in client update meetings and internal committees
- Maintain broad knowledge of financial markets, current events, and applicable economies and analyse their impact on industry/sector fundamentals.
- Responsible for conducting research and analysis on assigned companies/industries/sectors
- Provide detailed buy, sell and hold verbal and written investment opinions and recommendations to support portfolio managers in making informed investment decisions
- Provide the Fixed Income Group with coverage of specified markets
- Collaborate closely with a team of portfolio manager, trader and others to provide timely updates and communicate investments recommendations on your coverage
- Evaluate and validate lesser experienced analyst recommendations for quality and completeness, ensuring alignment with client investment objectives.
- Monitor industry and competitive environment through research of market intelligence and insights to proactively identify new opportunities, trends, emerging issues or threats
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
What are the typical qualifications for Fixed Income Analyst jobs?
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance
- Advanced understanding of variance analysis
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluent with applicable software and systems
- Must be a quick learner
- Is fluent in product and service offerings
- A natural leader and collaborator
- Prior consulting experience.
Average Annual Salary: £65k + Bonus
Top 10% Annual Salary: £100k + Bonus