An HR Assistant is a professional who performs daily administrative and human resources duties in an organisation.
Their duties include assisting with recruitment, payroll processing, compiling and maintaining records. An HR Assistant performs a wide range of human resources functions. HR Assistants help plan programs and processes designed to improve employee welfare. They manage payroll, maintain vital employee records and ensure the smooth operation of the HR department.
HR Assistants typical responsibilities include:
- Assisting HR Team with the process of recruitment, including vetting candidates, assisting with interviews and issuing employment contracts;
- Supporting internal and external inquiries and requests related to the HR department;
- Compiling and maintaining paper, digital and electronic employee records, including holiday and sickness leaves;
- Processing payroll and assisting with the documentation of employee compensation and benefits;
- Supporting HR-related training programs, workshops and seminars;
- Entering employee data into computer database;
- Coordinating logistics for new hire orientations;
- Writing and submitting reports on general HR activities;
- Overseeing HR events and meetings and coordinating management-employee communications;
- Continuously learn the latest HR best practices to improve workplace efficiency.
The average salary of an HR Assistant is £22,500/25,000 per annum, depending on candidate’s experience, education and location.